Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Rum Jerked Ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rum Jerked Ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Selecting The Best Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
Many men and women do not fully grasp that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. One of the foods you ought to be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food place. You will find that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted effects can be very bad. You will be happy to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you should be eating every day.
Another thing you will want to be sure of is that your having enough of is your vegetables as this will also be able to have a good effect on your health. Potassium is among the things that you will locate in various vegetables, not to mention they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will additionally need. For instance, broccoli has a lot of potassium to provide you with your daily recommended allowances. You will in addition realize that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you need to take these tips to heart. Also if you eliminate all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to rum jerked ham recipe. To make rum jerked ham you need 16 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Rum Jerked Ham:
- Provide of For the dry rub:.
- Provide 2 tbs of garlic powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Take 2 tsp of onion powder.
- Use 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Get 2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pepper.
- Use 1 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Provide 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Use 1 of Ham with bone.
- Take of For the glaze:.
- Use 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Take 1 cup of molasses.
- Provide 1/2 cup of rum.
- Provide 1 cup of pineape juice.
Instructions to make Rum Jerked Ham:
- Mix all dry rub ingredients together..
- Rub it all over ham. You may have some left over rub, depending upon the size of your ham..
- Place ham in a baking dish and seal tightly with foil..
- Now heat the oven to 400 degrees allowing for a few minutes for the rub sit in the ham..
- Cook ham for 1 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Make the glaze when you are at the 1 hour mark..
- In a sauce pan add all of the glaze ingredients..
- Stir constantly on medium heat until the sauce starts to boil..
- Once sauce starts to boil, reduce heat ro low and continue to stir until sauce reduces some (about 10 to 15 minutes)..
- Remove glaze from heat..
- Now remove ham from oven and pour glaze over entire ham..
- Bake ham uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes..
- Remove ham from oven (should resemble picture) and let sit for 5 to 10 minites before serving..
- Delicious when served with Garlic Parmsean Scalloped Potatoes. Recipe to follow…..
- Enjoy :).
If you find this Rum Jerked Ham recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.