Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mackerel with White Wine & Currant Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mackerel with White Wine & Currant Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Select To Eat Will Effect Your Health.
Many individuals do not fully grasp that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. You should also understand that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. You will recognize that the nutrition in these types of is non existent and the negative effects will be really bad. You will be delighted to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you ought to be ingesting every day.
In terms of sitting down to supper you should additionally think about lean proteins and fish such as salmon. You will see that salmon is additionally full of Omega-3 and other nutrients. And whenever it comes to lean protein, you should bear in mind that you only need to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. To be able to limit your fat intake you ought to cut off any noticeable fat before you cook the meats.
For those who want to get started living a much healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can get in any store is also not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mackerel with white wine & currant sauce recipe. You can have mackerel with white wine & currant sauce using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mackerel with White Wine & Currant Sauce:
- Get 2 of mackerels Mackerel.
- Take 120 ml of White wine.
- Take 100 grams of Currants (red or pink).
- Use 1/2 of Onion (roughly chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic (sliced).
- You need 1 tbsp of Butter.
- Use 1 of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Mackerel with White Wine & Currant Sauce:
- Boil 150 ml water, and let it cool down until there is no more steam..
- While letting the hot water cool down, remove the currants from their stems, rinse, and set them aside in the bowl..
- Add the warm water from Step 1 to the currants from Step 2, lightly stir, and leave them for a while (for longer than 10 minutes)..
- Choose a pan (or wok) large enough to arrange the mackerel fillets in a single layer. Heat up the pan, pour in a generous amount of oil, and spread evenly..
- Lightly season both sides of the mackerel fillets with salt and pepper, and pan-fry over medium heat with the skin side down..
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter, and sauté the onion and garlic..
- When the onion becomes soft, add the white wine, sugar, and 50 ml of the warm water that was used to soak the currants..
- Season with salt and pepper. When the white wine starts bubbling around the edges of the pan, reduce the heat to very low..
- Once most of the surface of the mackerel has turned whitish, flip it over..
- After 3-5 minutes of pan-frying the mackerel, pour the sauce from Step 8 over the mackerel from Step 9, and simmer over medium heat for 3-5 minutes..
- Drain the currants from Step 2 through a sieve, add only the currants to Step 10, and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Shake the pan from time to time, adjust the taste, and it's done..
- Transfer to serving plates, garnish with parsley or other seasonings, and enjoy!.
If you find this Mackerel with White Wine & Currant Sauce recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.