Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ricotta & Rum Raisin Tarts recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ricotta & Rum Raisin Tarts recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Foods You Select To Consume Will Effect Your Health.
One thing that some of you may already know is that by eating the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will acquire at all of those fast food places. These sorts of foods are packed with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. Because of this we are going to be going over the food items that you should be ingesting that will have a positive effect on your health.
Even though most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. Along with possessing a variety of vitamins and minerals, you will also find that some vegetables also provide potassium. One of the veggies that can provide you with the potassium you will need is broccoli. You will also find that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
By following some of the suggestions above you will find that you will end up living a healthier life. One thing that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ricotta & rum raisin tarts recipe. You can have ricotta & rum raisin tarts using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ricotta & Rum Raisin Tarts:
- Provide of <Basic Shortcrust Pastry>.
- You need 125 g of Butter *softened.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar.
- Get 1 of Egg.
- Use 1 of & 2/3 cups Plain Flour *You can add extra 1 tablespoon if Egg is large.
- Get of <Filling>.
- You need 250 g of Ricotta *room temperature.
- Use 125 g of Cream Cheese *OR extra Ricotta, room temperature.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar.
- Provide 1 of Egg *room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of Rum Steeped Raisins OR Sultanas *See https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/11094786-rum-raisins.
Steps to make Ricotta & Rum Raisin Tarts:
- Beat softened Butter and Sugar until smooth. Beat in Egg and mix well. Add Flour and combine, bring the mixture together, and shape into a thick log. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up..
- Cut the log into 12 discs. Flatten each pastry disc and form into a cup shape, and place into each cup. Press the pastry to cover the cup to the top, making the pastry evenly thin..
- Preheat the oven to 170°C..
- Mix Ricotta, softened Cream Cheese and Caster Sugar in a bowl, add Egg and Rosins (OR Sultanas), and mix well. This mixture should be at room temperature or slightly warm..
- Spoon the mixture into each pastry cup. Place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is browned..
- Leave to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes then move to a wire rack to cool completely..
Soft and creamy ricotta can be used in a huge variety of dishes, from gnocchi and gnudi to pancakes and cheesecake. Preparation Line a large sieve with a layer of heavy-duty (fine-mesh) cheesecloth and place it over a large bowl. A soft Italian curd cheese made from whey, which is drained and then lightly 'cooked'. It is light and creamy with a slightly grainy texture and delicate flavour. Remarkably simple to make, the versatile ricotta cheese is drained soon after cooking to form anything from a wet mush to firm, crumbly curds.
If you find this Ricotta & Rum Raisin Tarts recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.