Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chestnuts Simmered in White Wine recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chestnuts Simmered in White Wine recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Food Items You Choose To Consume Will Effect Your Health.
Something that some of you may already know is that by consuming the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. It’s also advisable to comprehend that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. You will notice that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be very bad. In the following paragraphs we shall be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you remain in good health.
Another thing you will want to be sure of is that your consuming enough of is your vegetables as this will additionally be able to have a good affect on your health. Along with possessing many different vitamins and minerals, you will additionally find that some vegetables also have potassium. As an example, broccoli has plenty of potassium to present you with your daily recommended allowances. You will in addition discover that a salad, made with spinach as opposed to lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can discover in any store is also not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chestnuts simmered in white wine recipe. You can have chestnuts simmered in white wine using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chestnuts Simmered in White Wine:
- Take 1 kg of Fresh chestnuts (large).
- Provide 1/2 tsp of + 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda.
- Provide 720 ml of ● White wine.
- Prepare 600 grams of ● White sugar.
Instructions to make Chestnuts Simmered in White Wine:
- Put the chestnuts in an enamel pot and cover with water. Once boiled, leave the chestnuts to simmer for a few minutes, then turn off the heat and wait for the water to become lukewarm..
- Carefully peel off the outer shells, trying not to damage the inner skin of the chestnut. Add them back to the pan with enough water to cover and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and bring to a boil. Simmer until the liquid in the pan starts to turn red..
- Place the chestnuts in a dish of cold water, and keep soaking them while rubbing away as much of the inner skin as possible with your hands..
- Repeat Steps 2 & 3 and use a toothpick to carefully remove any thick fibers. Check to see that the chestnut is cooked..
- Add the chestnuts and the ingredients marked with ● to the enamel pot and cover with an aluminium foil (or preferably Japanese paper) lid. Boil on a low heat then leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes and cool. Repeat this Step 3 times..
- After the 3rd time, leave the chestnuts to soak in the liquid overnight for extra taste (if using an aluminium foil lid, remove it, if using Japanese paper, keep it on). If the room temperature is quite high, then leave them in the fridge..
- Once one night has passed, put the chestnuts and juices in a jar and store. They will last a short while in the fridge but if you put them into a sterilized container and put them in the freezer they will keep for longer..
If you find this Chestnuts Simmered in White Wine recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.