Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Whiskey Maple Onion Jam recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Whiskey Maple Onion Jam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Whiskey Maple Onion Jam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Picking The Right Foods Will Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
Something that some of you may already know is that by ingesting the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. Its also wise to comprehend that there are foods that you’ll need to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These types of foods are filled with bad fat and also have very little nutritional value. For this reason we are going to be going over the food items that you should be eating that will have a positive effect on your health.
Nuts and various seeds will be a much better option when you are looking for a quick snack to enjoy. One of the health benefits of these types of nuts and seeds would be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be found in them. Omega-3 and Omega-6 are classified as essential fatty acids and they’re essential mainly because your body utilizes these kinds of fatty acids to keep your hormone levels where they should be. If you do not get the fatty acids you will need your body will actually not be able to create a few of the hormones that it needs.
For those of you who want to begin living a much healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. Also if you cut out all the unhealthy food that you really should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to whiskey maple onion jam recipe. To make whiskey maple onion jam you need 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Whiskey Maple Onion Jam:
- Prepare 2 of purple onions, chopped.
- Use 1/2 cup of whiskey.
- Provide 1/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of white balsamic vinegar.
- Get 1/2 tsp of coursely ground black pepper.
Steps to make Whiskey Maple Onion Jam:
- Add the onions and 1/4 cup of water to a medium pot and put it on high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally until most of the water is gone. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and a couple of pinches of salt..
- Turn the heat down to medium-high and continue cooking until the onions are sticky and the colour of milk chocolate. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent burning. This step will take about 30 minutes..
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the whiskey. Put it back on the heat and allow the whiskey to cook off for 1 or 2 minutes. Sprinkle on the sugar but do not stir. Jiggle the pot if you have to. Do it carefully; being splattered with hot sugar is the worst..
- Let the sugar fully melt, then keep cooking for 5 minutes. Stir in the maple syrup, vinegar, and another couple of pinches of salt and cook for a final 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the pepper. Let it cool before you taste it..
If you find this Whiskey Maple Onion Jam recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.