Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods Can Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
The one thing that some of you may already understand is that by ingesting the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. It’s also advisable to comprehend that there are foods that you will need to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. In this post we shall be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you remain in good health.
Your overall health can be greatly improved upon by simply eating plenty of berries. The very first thing you will discover about berries is just about any kind of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Most berries also have an awful lot of anti-oxidants, which is incredibly beneficial to your overall health and is specifically good for your circulatory system. You may in addition be aware that antioxidants will be able to help make sure you have healthy cells and it can in addition help to stop the deterioration of your cells.
By simply following some of the suggestions above you will notice that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly refined foods that you can get in any store is in addition not good for you and instead you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curried fish polenta pie recipe. To make curried fish polenta pie you only need 21 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Curried Fish Polenta Pie:
- Get 6 of Hake Medallions.
- Use 1-2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Use 1 of Small Onion finely sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Get 6 of Whole Peppercorns.
- Provide 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Provide 4 cloves of Garlic thinly sliced.
- Provide 1-2 Tbsp of Chilli / Curry Powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Provide 1 can of Chopped Tomatoes (400g).
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Take 3 Tbsps of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Water.
- Use of optional: 1/4 cup cream or coconut cream.
- You need of For the topping.
- Get of Polenta – 1 Cup Cooked with 3 – 4 cups water.
- Get of Cheese to Top (about 1/2 cup).
- You need 2 of Green Chillies seeded and chopped.
- You need 6 of Cherry Tomatoes halved.
Steps to make Curried Fish Polenta Pie:
- Gently heat oil in a pan on medium heat..
- Add in onion, mustard seeds, cumin Seeds, whole peppercorns and bayleaf and saute until onion becomes translucent..
- Add sliced garlic and stir..
- Mix in the chilli / curry powder followed by the cumin powder and coriander powder. Be careful not to burn the spices..
- Mix in the can of chopped tomatoes, about half the water and salt to taste and allow tomatoes to cook through. This takes roughly 7 to 10 minutes..
- Mix in the lemon juice. At this point I use the back of my spoon to smash the tomatoes to break the chunks and have a nice thick gravy..
- Now add in the remaining water and the cream / coconut cream if using. Note that this variant offers a richer dish and does alter the flavour..
- Place hake medallions into pan and cover allowing to cook for about 15 minutes (turning once half way through). Please note that your cooking time may vary. We want the fish to be tender but cooked through..
- Meanwhile… Prepare your polenta. I've used 1 cup of polenta to 4 cups of water. Salt and some butter to taste..
- To assemble our pie….
- Place fish pieces into a baking dish. NB. Use one that is deep enough and will allow enough room for the rest of your pie..
- Pour gravy over your fish..
- Spread the cooked polenta over top of your fish curry to create a crust. (Much like mash is used in a cottage pie)..
- Top with grated cheese (I've used half mozzarella and half cheddar), the 2 chopped chillies and cherry tomatoes..
- Grill until cheese is golden and serve with a nice side of salad..
If you find this Curried Fish Polenta Pie recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.